14 July 2005

Geek Rock Fun

"Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country, Gonna eat me a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches"

Ahh yes from the ever so lovely song "Peaches" by the Presidents of the United States of America. One of the great geek rock bands of the '90s. Such a fun song. It is a talk nerdy to me, silly song full of double entendre ;) Once again a song coincided with my thoughts. And no, not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter!!!

Okay so I did not GO ,per se, to the country. And I guess I did not so much eat,
as drink. Then if you want to get technical there was no actual peach involved
(much like the song). In any case, I just had the most awesome peach margarita ever!! Perfect balance of sweet and tart and no so much alcohol that I cannot think straight. Unlike my buddy, Addison, I am not a big time drinker, but today I decided to indulge myself.

It probably would have been better to wait until I was off work to enjoy my treat instead of while I was at lunch. I am so ready for a relaxing nap. A big plate of tex-mex, a huge margarita and I sit at a desk almost all day. Bad combination. Until later.

No comments: