30 January 2012

a most amazing experience

"God tonight please do something different, something out of the ordinary, break the box, tear down the walls! It's a new year and I want to see you move in ways that would be new to me but that are standard for You. Oh God rest in this place, show up here with us and show us a new facet of Your incredible glory that we might with the angels cry Holy! Holy! Holy! We need You that we may be transformed and go take this world for you. We have so much more to accomplish for the Kingdom and we want to be ready for what You're calling us to in this day. I thank You Lord, Glorious, Mighty One!"

This was my prayer as we worshipped Wednesday (1/4) at church. I wanted a different experience in that moment, more than goosebumps or a good feeling; I wanted to be enveloped in the presence of the Lord in a different way on this first Wednesday night of the new year. We had a most encouraging word from one of the pastors and the worship was great but the time together as a church family was over so quickly. I was trying to keep to myself a bit as I was still on meds for a sinus infection but people do love hugs! As I hugged one of my friends, I realized that I wanted her to pray for me.

We stepped to the side and she began to pray for me powerfully and with authority, I love my sisters! She began to speak not just into my life but life into me as well. This was one of those moments that I wish could have been captured on a recording as she declared so much that was encouraging and edifying. As she was finishing her prayer she retrieved a vial of anointing oil from her purse and I could feel the familiar cross outline being drawn on my forehead as she prayed in the Spirit. Then she paused, took a deep breath and said, "He wants you to know that He is fully invested in you."

In the next moment I realized my prayer for "something different" was being answered. The scent of the oil became very strong and suddenly I felt a slight drip on my neck and another and another as I realized she truly "anointed" me. The oil was running right through the part in my hair and down the sides and onto my neck and collar of my shirt. WOW! This may seem kind of odd to be happy about, but right there the Lord was letting me know that He heard me. He was answering in a way that said He was preparing me for the newness outside the box He was breaking in that moment. He is such an incredible Father! So loving and kind.

This was  a demonstration of a way He normally operates but for me it was different. I can't say that I have ever had a vial of anointing oil poured on me with the purpose of preparation for Him. Honestly a few years back someone doing something like that to my hair may have been hurt in the process, just saying. (haha) I share special moment because I know this year a lot will shift. I know many have expectation of seeing Him in ways we have only dreamed of. This was Him letting me know that He really is right here with me and I hope you know that He is right there with you too, molding and preparing you. He is teaching us to love that we may be conformed to the likeness of His Awesome Son!

No comments: