04 February 2012

the difference

I was going to make another excuse; I was going to choose to live how I live
It was time for me to do what I do, but Something in me said it's time to give
I was going to make another excuse; I was going to choose to do what I do
Suddenly something began to make sense
I won’t make an excuse; it’s time to make a difference

I refuse to just sit on the fence, living the life of the independent
I’ll give it all, yet gain inheritance; Live life to the full, extraordinary existence

In His wisdom, missteps of my past were divinely directed to intersect with His Path
What appeared to be an ending, unfair treatment and failure,
brought me courage, compassion, the strength to endure,
it trained me to continue in expectant hope and diligently seek a new future

To this day it doesn't all make sense
But instead of the excuse
I’ll make the difference

I won't stand around and live to complain
No matter the circumstance, in the face of pain
in the darkest of night, seasons without rain
I will yet worship and my praise be intense
Because I refuse to make the excuse, instead I'll make the difference

What can I do? I am only one and this challenged world carried alone weighs a ton
but my Lord told me if I'd only just believe and expect to see Him, that great things I would see
I know He's seeded His vision in my heart and every time I surrender, the shell breaks apart
and what's been planted grows strong with deep root
He's preparing me for the work that He sent me to do
And it’s out of the box, and it might cause a shock or a stir or bring change to this religious game
I’d rather seek comfort, have others love my name
Not be known as weird or obtuse
This is the time that I would do what I do
This is where I’d offer the excuse
I may never be understood or ever make sense
But today, no more excuses I was born to make a difference

No comments: