31 March 2012

overwhelmed

I really wanted to journal about how upset with myself I am about life and the incessant series of mistakes that I seem to be perpetually making, but I'm not going to do that. Instead I want to wax on about how awesome God is in my life. You see, I am gathering some of my old thoughts and poems and prophetic words into a compilation and in reviewing them a pattern is evident. I have been walking through and pushing out of darkness. Sure I've been saved for years, but this process of sanctification is continual and every area of my life must be perfected. The fruit of that is only visible as I walk through life's many circumstances. It is my response to them that shows that I am truly growing in the Lord, actually belief - thoroughly living out what I profess about the Lord.

In reviewing the material, I see the Lord's hand all over my life. He has drawn out a great plan and though I have walked outside the lines more than once, He in His mercy keeps drawing a bridge back onto His path for me. He loves me so completely and is so committed to the the plan that He set in place for my life that He will re-work life for me to get back to the right track. Only God. Even the people we keep the closest and love the most have a hard time with this, but God because of the cross and Jesus satisfying the justice of God will forgive and maneuver life for my good, no matter the situation. WOW!

As I said, I thought I was going to write this about how overwhelming the pressures of life feel at this time but now I am overwhelmed by Him, His love, His peace. He has been revealing to me that peace, in matters of the spirit, is a weapon. I can actually cut through an atmosphere and bring peace when I remembered that I am empowered with His peace. He graces me to face even the toughest times with peace. It is also like a shield repelling the fiercest attacks sent to me. Because I have this peace I can face every fear that assails me and stand completely victorious. Despite what my feelings and my tell me choosing to activate this peace I am ready to face every challenge before me with confidence. And it's not like I have to do anything special, I only have to remember that He gave me His peace when I surrendered to Him and choose to walk in that. What incredible power He has given!

John 14:27 AMP
Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]

This is His prescription for how to face the seemingly overwhelming challenges I am facing in my day-to-day life right now. I believe I can follow in this. I choose His peace over the "comfortable" places of worry, fear and doubt. I look forward to writing about the victory this decision brings to these situations soon. Shalom.

1 comment:

Lori P. said...

In the pressure of our "What ifs" He is our overwhelming victory...He has overcome the world, and we too with Him have overcome. Blessings to you.