1. Difficult or impossible to understand; incomprehensible: unfathomable theories.
2. Difficult or impossible to measure: the unfathomable depths.
1. The quality or condition of one who understands; comprehension.
2. The faculty by which one understands; intelligence. See Synonyms at reason.
3. Individual or specified judgment or outlook; opinion.
4. a) A compact implicit between two or more people or groups.
b)The matter implicit in such a compact.
5. A reconciliation of differences; a state of agreement: They finally reached an understanding.
6. A disposition to appreciate or share the feelings and thoughts of others; sympathy. adj.
1. Characterized by or having comprehension, good sense, or discernment.
2. Compassionate; sympathetic.