1. An unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder.
2. Suffering or distress.
3. pains The pangs of childbirth.
4. pains Great care or effort: take pains with one's work.
5. Informal. A source of annoyance; a nuisance.
1. Giving or affording pleasure or enjoyment; agreeable: a pleasant scene; pleasant sensations.
2. Pleasing in manner, behavior, or appearance.
3. Fair and comfortable: pleasant weather.
4. Merry; lively.
1. The state or feeling of being pleased or gratified.
2. A source of enjoyment or delight: The graceful skaters were a pleasure to watch.
3. Amusement, diversion, or worldly enjoyment: “Pleasure... is a safer guide than either right or duty” (Samuel Butler).
4. Sensual gratification or indulgence.
5. One's preference or wish: What is your pleasure?