1. The quality or condition of being friends.
2. A friendly relationship: formed many new friendships over the summer.
3. Friendliness; good will: a policy of friendship toward other nations.
1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.
4. A person you know well and regard with affection and trust; "he was my best friend at the university"
5. An associate who provides assistance; "he's a good ally in fight"; "they were friends of the workers"