22 May 2006

Torn

"A part of me wants to leave
but of me wants to be here with with you
and every time I think we're over and done
you do something to get me back lovin' you-
And you got me just torn in between the two
'cause I really wanna be with you
but something's telling me I should leave you alone (leave you alone x2),
And you got me just torn in between the two
'cause I really wanna be with you
but something's telling me I should leave you alone (leave you alone x2)
"

bridge/ chorus from "Torn" by LeToya Luckett
This is the song I am loving right now, wonder why?


Wrong, wrong, wrong! You are so very wrong for me, go away! But when you do, will my newfound confidence and joy go too? You have been good for me in a way but I am already more emotionally attached to you than I should be, so I don't think I can even be your friend because, that is to say I... want you. I want to see you, be near you, listen to you, be held by you. This is so very bad, I already know I cannot have you yet I continue to hope that maybe...

Why did I have to find you interesting enough to develop feelings for you? Meeting you and having you become my friend was literally an answered prayer so I cannot really be upset about that. I just want to be special to you, I know you think highly of me and enjoy our friendship but as much as it pains me to say it, I want more. Now, of course, the immature part of me wants to offend you and make you hate me so I can get rid of you completely but that is just childish and stupid. I refuse to sabotage this just to make it "easier" to deal with. Thank you for being my friend, my darling incubus, I'll be okay soon.

These are the emotions that great songs are made of!

No comments: