28 May 2012

memorial day

This picture may seem a bit strong but it touched me and is a reminder of what today is all about. I am grateful for today where we take time to remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in protecting and defending the ideals of our nation. There are veterans in my family which means they came home but to the many who did not have this privilege, my heart goes out to them. Thank you for sharing your amazing loved ones with all the rest of us. I hope that we as Americans honor those who have given everything to protect our rights.

This being an election year and all the mud that is already being slung, in the midst of a time where we seem to separate so much, I pray that we remember that these sacrifices were to protect a great nation that should be unified not torn apart. I am proud to be an American and very grateful for those who serve to keep it so. Thank you.

No comments: