13 September 2005

It Doesn't Add Up

Saturday I had a surprise visit from my "friend" the mathematician. He dropped by my Starbucks to inform me that he is moving to Miami at the end of this week. Okay. WHAT??!!!!!! It's been a while since I've seen him and then he pops up out of the blue to say he is moving away. FAR AWAY. We've been friends for over 13 years and on Saturday that relationship will be ..... well I don't know.

When my shift was over, he and I spent some time together talking and carrying on as old friends do (over red wine and cheeses, yummy!). Sunday I began to think about the situation and why I was so affected emotionally by the fact that he is moving.

You must understand that he possesses many of the little things that I always thought I was looking for in a guy (but what do I know? I'm young and stupid). He is incredibly smart (a genius, no kidding), he's funny, we are close friends, he knows and likes my family and is always quick to ask about them (very important). He can be goofy but knows when to get serious, he speaks 4 languages (at least), he is very interested in learning more about other cultures and their customs and history. He's that one guy in a million that loves art and sports and will figure a way to see the big game and the newest exhibit on the same day. Of course these are just a few.

Seriously I think there is something wrong with me. He's the guy of my dreams... just not him. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

No comments: